- $1,000 to spend however you’d like. You can buy a computer, books, coffee or whatever your heart desires. We trust that you’ll use the money to advance yourself somehow.
- $6,000 in Stellar lumens.
- $100,000 in Google Cloud credits.
- A round-trip plane ticket (and help with associated logistics) to Silicon Valley.
- Free Stripe Atlas company formation.
- Mentorship from some of the world’s most successful individuals.
- Access to the private online Pioneer community.
- A 1-year subscription to The Economist.
- Participation in the Pioneer Livestream.
You are free to do whatever you like with the grant. Buy books, coffee or a laptop.
If you create a company from your project and decide to raise money from investors, Pioneer will have the right to invest up to $100,000 alongside them. You are under no obligation to start a company. We expect many of our best Pioneers to be researchers, painters and musicians. We’re hoping the fraction of entrepreneurs helps us fund the rest. More on our offer page.
We originally thought the value of Pioneer was primarily a cash grant. Turns out we were wrong. Our users surprised us. The thing people love most is the sense of accountability, motivation and community. As such, we’d like to have a much larger number of people participate in the Pioneer Tournament, and a larger number of people win it. We’d even like winners to re-apply.
Playing Pioneer shouldn’t be a one-off thing. It’s a thing you do to maintain healthy levels of productivity. A gym for progress. We’re reducing our cash grant size to accommodate for the higher-volume model, while adding in other prizes and benefits to winning Pioneer, like a round-trip ticket to Silicon Valley, $6,000 in Stellar lumens, the potential for a $100,000 follow-on investment and more.