Two years ago, Pioneer launched with the intent of finding and empowering ambitious outsiders around the world. An experiment in using software to create a city on the Internet for the brightest minds to flourish.
To date, we’ve funded 164 Pioneers from 43 countries. These are people of every experience level and demographic working on projects that could shape the future of how we live and work.
To name just a few:
- Presence for remote teams by Mo & Ben Rajabifard (Iran and Estonia).
- Keynote for website building by Tshepo Mohlala (South Africa).
- A new Shopping.com by Kinana Joudeh & Muath Juady (Palestine).
- Shopify for Africa by Adetunji Opayele & Kelvin Umechukwu (Nigeria).
- No-code web scraping for everyone by Omar Kamali (Germany).
- An app that builds your home by Nick Donahue & Austin Kahn (North Carolina).
- Pinterest for code by Mishka Orakzai (Pakistan).
- A modern day office suite by Araslan Bashir (UAE).
- Developer tool for computer vision by Brad Dwyer & Joseph Nelson (Iowa).
- Segment for email by Karen Serfaty (Argentina).
- Remote team bonding by Stas Kulesh & David Kravitz (New Zealand).
- Performance management 3.0 by Andriy Bas (Ukraine).
- Automatic desktop app generator by Dave Jeffery & Isaac Aderogba (Ireland).
These saplings are also showing signs of growing into mighty trees: Pioneer companies have gone from zero to hundred thousand dollar customer deals, and have raised from Y Combinator, General Catalyst, Khosla Ventures, Village Global, and many more. It’s early days, but we’re optimistic Pioneer can become a place where great companies are born.
We hope the value of Pioneer is akin to that of San Francisco, London, or Stanford. A place you can go to that expands your horizons and makes you the best version of yourself. We're trying to replicate the energy and optimism of Silicon Valley on the Internet, using software. In doing so, we hope to inspire the world’s current and future Pioneers to think bigger and move quicker.